Wednesday, April 24, 2013

You Are the Sun in Your Own Life

I just watched this wondrous 3 minute video - 3 years of imaging the sun.

The sun does not exist for the earth The earth revolves around the sun.

But we are caught up in the earth's daily 24 hour rotation. We don't always remember the 365 day revolution, but  we are noticing, nonetheless, those of us especially who have been complaining about the too-long winter in New York. The sun is the center of life force and energy. Without the sun, all/most life would cease to be.

We spend so much of our lives looking for the thing that makes our life meaningful or exciting, caught up in the daily and weekly and even yearly and five-yearly and lifelong plans of what we want to build. Of who we want to become. We want great openings, opportunities to come our way that will allow us to fulfill these visions. We wait, to enter our own magnificence.

But we don't need to.

You can be the Sun in your own life. You are. You are life, because you are living and breathing and you care. You are the center of your own life, you don't need to revolve around others. You can know that you are part of a galaxy and your gravity and motion affects other stars, but you are your own Sun. You have a power and radiance that is indescribable, that would make others gape in awe if you could only brave your own brightness.

Don't hold back.

I write every day to nurture my own light. It feels like a candle to me sometimes, and at other times I don't even feel a flame and it's more like a flashlight, running on batteries. But still, I do the thing that makes me burn. If I don't write, I burn within, quietly in anguish. When I do write, I share my light and the heat makes me expand.

On the daily since I started this 30 day blogging commitment, I have received at least one note of affirmation from someone every single day. The message is - keep doing this. I am being shown that there is a radiance that is spreading that connects to others' light. Your light is reaching for mine, and mine is reaching for you. Is this hard to believe? It can be. But have you ever looked in the mirror by chance on the most ordinary of days, and suddenly been gripped by the person looking back at you? It is not the person you will become. It is the person you are, waiting to be free, waiting to be seen in your actual gloriousness.

Believe in your radiance. We see it. You know it, because you feel your own fire. Believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment